Friday, March 23, 2012

Sunset No.33

3/23/12
What you are looking at is actually two paintings. I arrived and the sky was blue grey and it didn't look like there was any way it would clear, in fact it was windy and looked like rain was on the way. I quickly put down a cool grey tone and started painting and then it happened. about an hour into the painting it cleared up and everything changed on me. The sky was now glowing with a warm pink color. I sat and stared at it in disbelief for about five minutes and then I decided it was worth scraping off the sky I already painted and replacing it. I frantically scraped off the grey sky underneath and re painted in in the warm pink you see now, also I had to re paint the water to reflect the new color. Two paintings, one sunset, one painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment