2/1/12
This was an interesting one to paint but not quite as interesting as what happened before the painting....
Let me explain, the day before this day (Wed the 1st) I had learned that a great sculptor and portrait painter named Ed Jonas was going to be giving a portrait demonstration and that he lived about four houses down from me. Shocked and excited, I couldn't wait to meet the master painter (co founder of the Portrait Society of America) wow!
Well, today I got to sit in on the demo. I had one huge problem though, the demo was taking place from about 330-7 and you know what that means right? I would miss my sunset at 530...
So what did I do? Well I went to the demo and sat in on the first half, I met the artist and then had to make the very difficult decision to leave or stay and miss my sunset. As you can see I left and let go of an opportunity to not only learn a great deal but also to make a great connection. You see this was my first real test, my first temptation to not paint my sunset, to not stay with my commitment, to open the door to excuses, that's not me. I'm not going to listen to the negativity and adversity and believe that my idea is crap. I believe in my idea and I believe I have made the right choice to follow this vision. I will commit to this rain or shine, and for better or worse.
Oh, please enjoy sunset No.11
Thanks for your support!
|
No comments:
Post a Comment